Education and employment history
- 09.2015 – present Postdoctoral fellow with Prof. Dolph Schluter, University of British Columbia, Canada
- 01.2015 – 08.2015 Postdoctoral fellow with Prof. Walter Salzburger, Zoological Institute, University of Basel
- 11.2011 – 12.2014 PhD student with Dr. Daniel Berner & Prof. Walter Salzburger, Zoological Institute, University of Basel [Summa cum laude]
- 11.2009 – 10.2011 Master student in the group of Prof. Walter Salzburger, Zoological Institute, University of Basel [Highest grades]
- 10.2006 – 06.2009 Undergraduate education in Organismal Biology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Stipends, Grants, Awards (selection)
- 2017 Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Advanced Postdoc.Mobility Fellowship
- 2016 Stipend from the Janggen-Pöhn-Stiftung
- 2015 Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Early Postdoc.Mobility Fellowship
- 2015 Nominee for the John Maynard Smith Prize of the European Society for Evolutionary Biology (ESEB)
- 2013 Travel Grant from the University of Basel for the Congress of the European Society for Evol. Biol. (ESEB) in Lisbon
- 2014 Travel Grant from the University of Basel for the Conference Genomes to/aux Biomes in Montreal
- 2012 Rosemary Grant Award for Graduate Student Research from the Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE)
- 2012 Travel Award from the American Genetic Association (AGA) for the 7th Conference on Stickleback Behavior & Evolution in Seattle
- 2012 Travel Grant from the Swiss Zoological Society
- 2011 Travel Award from the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT) for field studies in Zambia
Reviewing and editorial activities
- Reviewer for journals & funding agencies (~35 manuscripts): American National Science Foundation (NSF), Axios Review, Biology Letters, BMC Evolutionary Biology, Evolution, Evolutionary Applications, Evolutionary Ecology, Evolution Letters, Heredity, Molecular Ecology, Molecular Ecology Resources, Organisms Diversity and Evolution, PLoS Genetics, Proceedings of the Royal Society B
- Review Editor at Frontiers (Section: Evolutionary and Population Genetics)
Conference and seminar contributions (selection)
- 2017 Invited Seminar Talk, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary (Canada).
- Title: Genomics of adaptive divergence with chromosome-scale heterogeneity in crossover rate
- 2017 Conference Talk, Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution (CSEE) Meeting in Victoria (Canada).
- Title: Genomic significance of pervasive broad-scale heterogeneity in recombination rate along chromosomes during population divergence
- 2016 Seminar Talk, Biodiversity Research Center and Zoology Department, UBC (Canada).
- Title: Revisiting the Toblerone of Speciation: the genomic significance of heterogeneity in recombination rate along chromosomes
- 2015 Invited Seminar Talk, Center for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES) Oslo (Norway).
- Title: The genomics of ecological vicariance in threespine stickleback fish
- 2015 Invited Seminar Talk, ETH Zurich (Switzerland).
- Title: Heterogeneous genome divergence in threespine stickleback fish: patterns, processes and consequences
- 2014 Conference Talk, Genomes to/aux Biomes Meeting in Montreal (Canada).
- Title: The genomic signature of parallel adaptation from shared genetic variation [Awarded with 'Honorable mention']
- 2013 Seminar Talk, University of Basel (Switzerland).
- Title: Molecular signatures of adaptation from shared standing variation
- 2013 Conference Talk, XIV Congress of the European Society for Evolutionary Biology (ESEB) in Lisbon (Portugal).
- Title: A novel genomic signature of adaptation from standing variation revealed in threespine stickleback
- 2013 Invited Seminar Talk, Geomar in Kiel (Germany).
- Title: Genomic patterns of adaption in threespine stickleback fish
- 2012 Seminar Talk, University of Basel (Switzerland).
- Title: The recombination landscape in stickleback: patterns and implications
- 2012 Conference Talk, Seventh International Conference on Stickleback Behavior and Evolution in Seattle (USA).
- Title: Genomic divergence during evolutionary diversification as revealed in replicate lake-stream stickleback population pairs
- 2011 Seminar Talk, University of Basel (Switzerland).
- Title: Genomic divergence during incipient speciation in threespine stickleback
- 2011 Conference Poster, Biology11 meeting, University of Zurich (Switzerland).
- Title: Genome divergence during incipient speciation in the stickleback
- 2011 Conference Poster, XIII Congress of the European Society for Evolutionary Biology (ESEB) in Tübingen(Germany).
- Title: Genomic divergence during incipient speciation in lake and stream stickleback fish [Best poster (out of 80 contributions) in the symposium ‘Evolutionary ecological genomics’]
Please contact me for a full CV